Yoga & Freediving (Malta/Gozo) May 9th-17th
May 9th – 17th
What is Freediving? Have you ever dreamed of passively exploring the underwater world free from equipment? Freediving is the most natural and serene way to explore the depths of the oceans with minimal impact. It is also the ultimate way to free yourself and spend more time enjoying the beauty and silence of the sea.
Anyone who has held their breath underwater has freedived. However, freediving is not simply about seeing how long you can hold your breath or how deep you can go on a single breath. You have to create the right attitude and pay attention to the limits of your body and mind. The true appeal of freediving is in the silence and calm it brings to people’s hectic lives.
Yoga and Freediving are perfectly complimentary as they share two things in common: the centrality of the breath and the unification of mind and body with the world. The asana, pranayama and meditation practices all lend themselves to a state of body and mind which the practice of Freediving greatly enjoys.
- Lowers anxiety and stress
- Increases self-confidence
- Enhances blood oxygen management
- Clears your mind
- Increases ability in other water sports – Great for surfers!
- Increases flexibility
- Good for joints
- Boosts feel-good neurotransmitters
- Better Body Composition
Suitability / Level: This retreat is open to everyone and no prior yoga or freediving experience is required. If you are an experienced AIDA-certified Freediver and wish to become certified at levels 2, 3, 4 or “Monofin Diver”, we will be happy to accommodate you. If you are certified through another system and would like to convert to the AIDA system, an AIDA crossover evaluation is available.
- Date: Saturday 9th – Sunday 17th May.
- Location: Gozo (Malta).
- Catering: Local vegetarian produce. A light breakfast & 2 substantial vegetarian meals per day.
- Group size: 14
- Flights & Connections: Ryanair flies daily to Malta from Dublin in May. Cirkewwa, in the north of Malta, has a ferry terminal that offers frequent crossings to the island of Gozo.
- From Airport to Cirkewwa – The X1 public bus is available from 06:00 to 23:00. The journey takes around an hour.
- To Cirkewwa from other locations – From Sliema and St. Julian’s you can take the 222. If you’re in Bugibba or around St. Paul’s Bay you can take the 221. The 41 and 42 depart from Valletta. The ferry terminal is the last stop on all these routes so there’s no need to worry about getting off at the wrong location.
From Cirkewwa to Gozo – The journey takes less than 20 minutes and the standard fare for a round trip is only €4.65 for foot passengers or €15.70 if you bring a car (keep in mind, these fares are subject to change). The ferry service runs around the clock from the early hours of the morning to late at night. Ferry timetable. Upon arrival, you will be collected from the Gozo ferry port and taken to the Farmhouse Villa.
- €999 pps
Tickets are non-refundable. Transport to and from Gozo is not included.
- 8 nights accommodation in Gozo Farmhouse Villa with swimming pool
- 2 yoga practices / day
- A light breakfast & 2 substantial vegetarian meals per day
- Daily transportation to and from dive sites
- AIDA Freediving Certification
- AIDA 1 – INTRO TO FREEDIVING / included in price
- AIDA 2 – FREEDIVER – €210 supplement
- AIDA 3 – ADVANCED FREEDIVER – €290 supplement
- AIDA 4 – MASTER FREEDIVER – €370 supplement
- Free time to explore the beautiful island of Gozo. Activities include Abseiling, Rock Climbing & Bouldering, Country Walks/ Rambling, Boat Trips, Sea Kayaking, Biking, Scuba Diving, Eco Tours, Horse Riding & Quad Bike Tours.
>> CLICK TO BOOK <<
>> CLICK TO BOOK <<
Mailing list – Sign up to my mailing list HERE for information on classes, workshops and retreats.