Teaching yoga to beginners is a great passion of mine. Understanding the core principles of correct engagement and alignment is essential to a growing a sustainable yoga practice. Practising without these principles in place ultimately leads to injury and my foundational course provides the student with the knowledge to grow their practice safely.
“Yoga Foundations” covers the basics of yogic breathing, meditation and foundational asanas / yoga poses. I also provide a basic introduction to Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra (Yogic sleep).
- 12/11/19 – 03/12/19 (4 weeks) – Dublin Wellness Centre.
- 21/09/19 – 19/10/19 (5 weeks) – Little Bird.
- 13/04/19 – 18/05/19 (6 weeks) – Little Bird.
- 12/01/19 – 23/02/19 (6 weeks) – Little Bird.
- 13/10/18 – 17/11/18 (6 weeks) – Little Bird.
“Yin Yoga for Beginners & Practitioners”
A more meditative approach to yoga, Yin Yoga works with the connective tissues of the body with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility.
The course is open to everyone and no prior yoga experience is required.
“Yin Yoga” is a 4-week foundational course in the theory and practice of Yin Yoga. The course is specifically designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). This helps the student to understand exactly why they are engaging in a specific Yin Yoga pose, what changes engaging in the pose is trying to affect in the body and how to work successfully with props.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Meridians, organs & organ pairs
- Principles of practising Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga poses
- 14/11/19 – 05/12/19 (4 weeks) – Dublin Wellness Centre.
Class sizes are typically limited to 16 students ensuring a relaxed environment with plenty of time for questions.
Mailing list – Sign up to my mailing list HERE for information on classes, workshops and retreats.