Hello, I’m Daithí.
Simply put, I believe happiness, well-being and access to healing is all about finding holding in nature. The more elaborate and involved the conversation becomes, the stronger, happier and more resilient you will be.
The beautiful riddle? There is a direct parallel between our relationship with ourselves and our relationship with our surroundings, that which gives us life and supports us; our energetic exchange with our environment. We are nature! If we learn to love ourselves, our experiences and our journeys, we stand a better chance of being happy and sitting “easy” in the world.
There is you and you.
This is a relationship.
This is the most important relationship.
“Home” by Nayyirah Waheed.
In addition, narrowing the divergence between one’s true self (intuition, spirit, soul, etc.) and the persona one lives out in the day-to-day world can lead to all kinds of insights and healing.
I’m an Art Therapist in training and a Yoga Teacher and employ various forms of meditation, yoga, singing / chanting and art-making to help people re-tune into their own intuition and to begin or progress that conversation the universe has been willing us to have all along. We are constantly being beckoned to re-remember and come home to ourselves.
All is metaphor.
Relevant Training / Experience
- Vipassana meditation practitioner since 2010.
- Yoga practitioner since 2013.
- RYT-200 Hrs. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Om Shanti Om Yoga Teacher Training School, Rishikesh, India, April 2017.
- 100 Hrs. (Level 2) Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Sarah Lo (Insight Yoga Institute approved Yin Yoga teacher trainer), London, UK, February 2018.
- 50 Hrs. Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Training Intensive, Dr. Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Stroud, UK, July 2018.
- 44 Hrs. Leading Chanting & Singing Circles, Yasia Leiserach, Dublin, Ireland, July 2019.
- MA Art Therapy, CCAD. Expected completion date: September 2019. Thesis: “Understanding the effects of facilitating Yoga Nidra with Art Therapy.”
- RYT-500 Hrs. Advanced Anusara Yoga Teacher Training, Ard Nahoo. Expected completion date: March 2020.
- Heart & Bones Yoga – “The Modern Yogi” certification course, Brea Johnson. Expected completion date: Spring 2020.
Interests & Obsessions
- I’m a keen Freediver and am certified to AIDA 4* Master Freediver (assistant instructor) level.
- I’m currently enrolled on the certification program for Pauline Oliveros’s Deep Listening framework at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- I’m trained to facilitate Social Dreaming workshops.
- I hold certificates in Advanced Shamanic Practice (Shamanism Ireland), Art Therapy (Crawford College of Art & Design), Therapeutic Playwork (Children’s Therapy Centre) and Neuro-Dramatic Play (Dr. Sue Jennings) and am in the process of completing my Shamanic Counselling / Transpersonal Therapist training with Shamanism Ireland.
- In my ‘spare time’ (I can’t remember the last time I had any of this!), I write songs and make videos.
Mailing list – Sign up to my mailing list HERE for information on classes, workshops and retreats.