Hello, I’m Daithí.
Simply put, I believe happiness, well-being and access to healing is all about finding holding in nature. Our conversation or energetic exchange with our surroundings, that which gives us life, serves as a metaphor for our relationship with ourselves.
The more integrated and familiar the conversation becomes, the stronger, happier and more resilient you will be. As the conversation deepens, the perception of barrier, boundary and disconnection fades and we remember that we are nature! We are “of” the earth. The more we love where we came from, the more we love ourselves.
As an Art Psychotherapist, yoga & meditation teacher and shamanic practitioner, I am constantly working with metaphor as a bridge to healing and well-being. Whether through art-making, yoga asana, active imagination, Deep Listening®, freediving and my own creative practices, the natural world is constantly invoked as space where dialog and healing can begin. As we learn to love ourselves, our experiences and our journeys more, we stand a better chance of being content and sitting easy in the world.
There is you and you. This is a relationship. This is the most important relationship. “Home” by Nayyirah Waheed.
Narrowing the divergence between one’s true self (intuition, spirit, soul, etc.) and the persona one lives out in the day-to-day world can lead to all kinds of insights and healing. My work aims to help people re-tune back into their own intuition and to begin or progress that conversation the universe has been willing us to have all along. We are constantly being beckoned to re-remember and come home to ourselves.
All is metaphor. Peace & light. X
Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más; caminante, no hay camino,se hace camino al andar. Pathmaker, your footsteps are the path and nothing more; pathmaker, there is no path, you make the path by walking. - Antonio Machado -
Relevant Training / Experience
- Vipassana / Mindfulness meditation practitioner since 2010.
- Yoga practitioner since 2013.
- RYT-200 Hrs. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Om Shanti Om Yoga Teacher Training School, Rishikesh, India, April 2017.
- 100 Hrs. (Level 2) Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Sarah Lo (Insight Yoga Institute approved Yin Yoga teacher trainer), London, UK, February 2018.
- 50 Hrs. Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Training Intensive, Dr. Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Stroud, UK, July 2018.
- 44 Hrs. Leading Chanting & Singing Circles, Yasia Leiserach, Dublin, Ireland, July 2019.
- MA Art Therapy, CCAD. Thesis: “Understanding the effects of facilitating Yoga Nidra with Art Therapy.”
- 40 Hrs. Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (YAP-approved), Ard Nahoo. Expected completion date: October 2019.
- RYT-500 Hrs. Advanced Anusara Yoga Teacher Training, Ard Nahoo. Expected completion date: March 2020.
- Heart & Bones Yoga – “The Modern Yogi” certification course, Brea Johnson. Expected completion date: Summer 2021.
Interests & Obsessions
- I’m a keen Freediver and am certified to AIDA 4* Master Freediver (assistant instructor) level.
- I’m currently enrolled on the certification program for Pauline Oliveros’s Deep Listening framework at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- I’m trained to facilitate Social Dreaming workshops.
- I hold certificates in Advanced Shamanic Practice (Shamanism Ireland), Art Therapy (Crawford College of Art & Design), Therapeutic Playwork (Children’s Therapy Centre) and Neuro-Dramatic Play (Dr. Sue Jennings) and am in the process of completing my Shamanic Counselling / Transpersonal Therapist training with Shamanism Ireland.
- In my spare time (I can’t remember the last time I had any of this!), I write songs and make videos.
Mailing list – Sign up to my mailing list HERE for information on classes, workshops and retreats.